Marietta Drug Crime Lawyers
The state of Georgia identifies drug and drug-related offenses as the most common crimes in most communities throughout the state. Although some efforts are made by the state to help drug users, the courts usually still impose stiff criminal penalties. These range from probated sentences to length prison terms.
The Marietta drug crime attorneys at Gentry, Smith, Dettmering, Morgan, Schnatmeier & Collins, LLP have nearly five decades of collective criminal law experience. We provide an aggressive defense of misdemeanor and felony drug charges so that a drug possession arrest doesn’t ruin your life.
We represent adults and juveniles in Cobb County, metro Atlanta and throughout Georgia who have been charged with a wide range of narcotics charges, including:
- Possession or possession with intent to distribute marijuana, methamphetamine, cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, and other controlled substances
- Manufacturing of narcotics
- Trafficking narcotics
- Illegal possession or possession with intent to distribute prescription drugs
- Fraudulently obtained prescription drugs
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs
Each Marietta drug crime attorney at our firm has both prosecution and defense experience, affording us a unique insight into the criminal justice system. We understand how to best present a defense in court and the obstacles prosecutors face in proving a narcotics case.
Our lawyers’ thorough investigation and careful scrutiny of all evidence in a drug case fully prepares us for trial. We will seek the best possible outcome and will protect our clients’ rights. Often, our Marietta drug crime attorneys are able to negotiate plea agreements that result in no jail time and allow the client to avoid having a permanent criminal record.